Friday 7 March 2014

International Women's Day

It's International Women's Day on Eighth of March.
How are you celebrating?
Are you not sure of what to do?
I will tell you things you can do to celebrate this day.
  1. You can always write a sweet hand written note or flowers to the women who effect your life. It could be your mother, wife, girlfriend or friend. Let them know that they're as good as anybody. 
  2. If you really want to go out and make a difference in a woman's life. Go to a local event happening on that day, there are usually hundreds of events happening on world's women's day. 
  3. Watch a woman based flick. Or read a woman based book. 
  4. If you can afford to make a donation, donate in any means to a women charity/NGO for women. 
  5. Women in the United States are going to wear red lipstick to celebrate femininity. You can do the same if you are a woman. 
  6. Appreciate the fact that the times have changed so much where women were discriminated to having so many modern women in our society.
  7. Listen to the song by UN called 'One Woman'. Here is the video: 

Here is the lyrics so that you can sing along. 

In Kigali, she wakes up,
She makes a choice,
In Hanoi, Natal, Ramallah.

In Tangier, she takes a breath,
Lifts up her voice,
In Lahore, La Paz, Kampala. 

Through she's half a world away,
Something in me wants to say-

We are One Woman
You cry and I hear you.
We are one woman
You hurt, and I hurt, too.
We are One Woman
Your hopes are mine
We shall shine.

In Juarez she speaks the truth, 
She reaches out,
Then teaches other how to.

In Jaipur, she gives her name,
She lives without shame,
In Manila, Salta, Embu.

Though we're different as can be,
We're connected, she with me -

We are One Woman
Your courage keeps me strong.
We are One Woman
You sing, I sing along.
We are one One Woman
Your dreams are mine
We shall shine
We shall shine -

And one man, he hears her voice.
And one man, he fights her fight.
Day by day, he lets go the old ways,

One woman at a time.
We are One Woman
Your victories life us all.
We are One Woman
You rise and I stand tall.
We are One Woman
Our dreams are mine
We shall shine 
Shine, shine, shine -


Official song of UN Women,"One Woman", lyrics by Beth Blatt, music by Graham Lyle and Clay which was composed for UN Women and performed Graham Lyle, Clay, Beth Blatt, Gemma Bulos, Tituss Burgess, Tracy McDowell, Country Redd and United Nations International School Choir.

And this is how Google is celebrating The International Women's Day with it's Google Doodle.


How I am celebrating The International Women's Day is by spending my day at college writing a test. Yes on a Saturday! I guess I should feel privileged that I am allowed by the society and my family to study further through college. I don't feel that way thoough maybe because I haven't generally as a women face discrimination yet. My heart does go out to all the going through discrimination. All my love and warmth to our women of the world. Stay strong. We are one. 

And I dedicate this 'International Women's Day' to my sister, who is my greatest strength. And who has turned to be a beautiful women now. In and out. Wow feels weird to call her a women. But she is one. An amazing one who is a mixture of strength and emotions. Happy International Women's Day +chandana c

Also my mother is getting an award for her contribution in the field of education for 35 year on International Women's Day. She is a teacher. Congratulation, Ma. You're worth it. 

Respect women enough to be avail them their rights. Happy International Women's Day Everybody. <3
Lots of love.
-Pushya.C
<3

No comments: